A leading manufacturer within the inks and coatings sector, are recruiting for a Development Support Scientist at their site in the East Cheshire area. As a Development Support Scientist, you will be responsible for supporting new product development and supporting technical support activities of the technical team.
To be considered for the Development Support Scientist you will be degree qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, along with previous laboratory experience in a commercial environment and a strong understanding of material science. Previous formulation experience of coatings would be preferable.
- Preparation of laboratory mixes, coating formulations, laminates, and coated substrates
- Testing, characterisation of coatings, mixes, substrates, laminates, and coated substrates.
- Support development projects with data analysis and test reports
- Provide continuous support to the technical team.
- Maintain quality documents from the technical team.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Previous experience within the adhesives or coatings sector
- Previous laboratory experience and a desire for continued lab work.
- Some understanding of polymers and adhesive technology