Currently recruiting for a Development Scientist for a materials manufacturer based in Manchester, this is an excellent opportunity for a graduate of materials science or chemistry interested in a career in materials development. As a Development Scientist you will be responsible for developing a range of materials and applications and technologies, as well as improving existing products and manufacturing processes. You will also become one of the company's materials experts within a range of polymeric materials, high temperature materials and composites.
To be considered for this Development Scientist, you will have a relevant degree within Materials Science or Chemistry with a passion for moving into materials development. Ideally you will have some previous R&D experience within materials development, or a masters project focussed in this area.
- Development of new materials, applications and technologies through hands-on laboratory work.
- Provide technical support to production to solve materials and process issues.
- Write technical reports on any new developments.
- Work closely with sales and purchasing teams to provide materials expertise and knowledge.
- Perform materials testing and characterisation.
- Perform research that contributes to future patent activities for the business.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Materials Science or Chemistry.
- Someone with previous R&D experience within materials development, or a relevant master project would be highly desirable.
- Problem solver with a scientific and logical approach.
- Ability to communicate effectively and form relationships both internally and externally.