£32,000 - £35,000
As a member of the Technical NPD team, this role is responsible for managing the product formulation & product performance from conception through to product launch in the market.
The role demands proven technical expertise in Aerosol, Personal Care or cosmetic products plus hands on experience of developing and delivering products to meet NPD timelines in an FMCG environment. The role is also responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the process - from the initial lab work, through the claims support, key sign off stages and manufacturing scale up, are delivered on time and on cost.
- Support the existing portfolio of products and the development of a portfolio of new formulations and products that are cost effective, delivered on time and are compliant to the applicable regulatory and statutory laws and legislation for the country of use.
- Manage the development process from lab through to scale up and delivery onto the plant for your projects.
- Co-ordinate the project feasibility assessment process and provide relevant information quickly to Product Managers.
- Help to oversee projects at key sign-off stages as required for artwork, specifications, and stability.
- Continually review technological advances and innovations (Lab equipment, Raw materials, testing techniques) to retain a competitive edge.
- Carry out routine laboratory and pilot scale processes using a range of equipment to prepare product samples as required.
- Take part in continuous improvement initiatives within the company to ensure that there is rationalisation of raw materials and packaging.
- Help to support and develop the technical capabilities and skills required of product development teams to support evolving business needs.
- A Degree in Chemistry or Cosmetic Science graduate.
- More than 3 years' experience in Formulation Development within Aerosols, Cosmetics or the Personal Care industry.
- Project management and commercial skills.