We are currently recruiting for a Development Chemists to join a leading industrial coatings manufacturer based in Merseyside to focus on sustainability. As a Development Chemist, you will undertake practical laboratory work including the formulation of coatings, colour matching and physical testing of a wide range of products, to ensure products meet the demand for changing sustainability and regulatory compliance of the raw materials and products.
To be considered for this role, you will have a BSc in Chemistry or a related field, along with a strong understanding of both wet chemical, and mechanical laboratory testing methods. Chemistry graduates can be considered for this role, for those who possess good customer facing skills with and interest in developing in this field, however those with up to 2 years' experience in product development will be considered also.
- Formulation and re-formulation of a wide range of industrial coatings, and small-scale coatings manufacture.
- Reviewing any regulatory and environmental changes to raw materials and products.
- Leading sustainability projects, and communicating any changes both internally and externally to customers.
- To undertake colour matching, value engineering, and undertake physical/chemical resistance testing of a wide range of coatings.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory through daily housekeeping and adherence to 5S practices.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Hold a BSc in Chemistry or a related field.
- Knowledge of coatings, including formulation and application would be preferred but not essential.
- Strong practical laboratory skills, including physical testing methods including viscosity testing.
- Strong communications skills would be essential.