We are currently recruiting for a Development Chemist to join a leading industrial coatings manufacturer based in Merseyside. As a Development Chemist, you will undertake practical laboratory work including the formulation of coatings, colour matching and physical testing of a wide range of products.
To be considered for this role, you will have a BSc in Chemistry or a related field, along with a strong understanding of both wet chemical, and mechanical laboratory testing methods.
This position is initially on a 12 months fixed-term contract, with the possibility of being extended or made permanent after the 12 months.
- Formulation of a wide range of industrial coatings, and small-scale coatings manufacture
- To undertake colour matching, value engineering, and undertake physical/chemical resistance testing of a wide range of coatings
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory through daily housekeeping and adherence to 5S practices
Knowledge and Experience:
- Hold a BSc in Chemistry or a related field
- Knowledge of coatings, including formulation and application would be preferred but not essential
- Strong practical laboratory skills, including physical testing methods including viscosity testing