We are recruiting on behalf of a leading speciality chemicals and advanced materials manufacturer, for a Development Chemist to join their site based in Cheshire. As a Development Chemist, you will support the Technical Market Manager and wider team in new product developments, marketing activities and innovation projects.
To be considered for this role, you will have a BSc or MSc in Chemistry, Polymer Science or related field, and have a strong background in the formulation and laboratory scale preparation of adhesives.
- Prepare and characterise polyurethane adhesive products in the laboratory, including routine work and method development
- Undertake mechanical testing of adhesives including tensile, bond strength testing and thermal stability amongst others
- Assist in wider business project within the innovations department, including new product designs and process development projects
- Support the Technical Market Manager in wider marketing activities and customer support
Qualifications and Experience:
- A BSc (minimum 2:1) or MSc in Chemistry, Polymer Science or related field
- Experience within an industrial adhesive development laboratory, with specific experience in PU Chemistry
- At least 2 years' experience in the formulation of adhesives or coatings, specifically polyurethanes
- Experience of analytical and physical testing of polymeric materials