Science Solutions are recruiting on the behalf of a leading paints manufacturer for a Development Chemist to join an industrial coatings research team in Merseyside. As a Development Chemist, you will be assisting in the development of new and existing coatings.
To be considered for this role, you will be educated to a degree level in Chemistry or an allied subject (maths or science based), or with an educational equivalent such as a HNC in Chemistry. You will also be comfortable using IT systems and software, including Microsoft Office.
- Undertake laboratory work independently and as part of a team, adhering to strict deadlines and quality requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to production and customers, with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Develop and improve products with the assistance of the Laboratory Manager.
- Undertake practical laboratory work, such as colour matching, evaluating raw materials, and conducting physical and chemical testing on various paints.
- Assisting in small scale paint manufacturing.
- Maintaining excellent records of work, and working in accordance to Health and Safety policy, taking care to safely operate equipment.
Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent (HNC) in Chemistry or an allied subject such as maths or other science disciplines.
- Competent in the use of IT systems, especially Microsoft Office.