Currently recruiting for a Development Chemist (12m FTC) for a leading polymer manufacturer based at their state-of-the-art facility in Lancashire. As a Development Chemist, you will be responsible for designing and executing various R&D projects relating to organic & polymer synthesis to develop new polymeric materials, also looking to optimise and improve current processes. This role will be heavily lab focussed based around polymer synthesis, as well as conducting polymer characterisation including via rheology, DSC and other thermal analysis techniques.
To be considered for this Development Chemist (12m FTC) you will be degree educated to Chemistry, Polymer Science or closely related subject, along with previous industrial experience carrying out organic synthesis. Ideally you will have industrial experience carrying out polymer synthesis, however we could look at those straight from university if you gained significant hands on experience through working on a relevant project.
- Designing and executing experimental projects to develop new polymer materials.
- Significant synthetic lab work.
- Optimise and improve current processes.
- Carry out a range of polymer characterisations including via rheology, DSC and other thermal analysis techniques.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Chemistry, Materials Science or closely related subject.
- Industrial experience carrying out organic synthesis to a circa 100g scale.
- Previous polymer synthesis experience is highly desirable.
- Polymer characterisation including thermal analysis is highly desirable.
Lead Scientific Recruitment Consultant (Polymers & Coatings) - Science Solutions Recruitment