We are currently recruiting for a Development Chemist to join a globally recognised leader within the paints and coatings sector, based in Swindon. As a Development Chemist you will be responsible for delivering coatings products from concept through to launch, overseeing the quality control of coatings and providing method development and validation in line with customer requirements.
To be considered for this Development Chemist, you will be minimum BSc educated in Chemistry or closely related subject, with previous formulation experience spent within the coatings, paints or liquid polymers sector.
- Lead the development of various coatings products including clearcoats, primers and basecoats.
- Providing testing and qc of various products both in the laboratory and at customer sites when required.
- Conduct method development and validation activities in line with customer requirements.
- Provide technical support to other internal teams including productions.
- Conduct stability testing of coatings products.
- Responsible for NPD and the generation of new concepts.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Previous industrial experience in formulation from within the paints, liquid polymers or wider coatings sector.
- Previous experience in conducting quality testing of coatings including stability testing.