This is a great job opportunity for an established Senior Business Development Manager or Commercial Director from a synthetic CRO background; your future employer is a growing UK-based CRO firm servicing drug discovery and pharmaceutical clients at home and abroad with synthetic route development and optimisation services.
Your day to day duties as in the Commercial Director role will be:
- Building a small team of BD Managers to build new revenue streams from across the world
- Liaising between in-house chemistry teams and the client
- Provision of quotations and answering requests for information
- Preparation of marketing and technical documents based around synthetic and scale-up chemistry projects
- Working on collaborative relationships with clients, travelling widely and attending conferences to build new client bases and revenue streams
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- Recent employment in a senior BD position within a synthetic CRO firm or similar
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant organic chemistry field is desirable
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client is will interview soon for the role so please apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up nearly six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.