Are you an experienced Medicinal Chemist looking for a new opportunity? Maybe you are looking for an office-based role, where you can transfer your knowledge and skills from the laboratory?
A Drug Discovery company are looking for a Chemistry Project Manager to join their team! They combine subject matter experts with drug development chemists to provide transformative programs based on breakthorugh discoveries.
The role as Chemistry Project Manager will see you co-ordinate and screen activities across the company portfolio working closely with medicinal chemists, program directors and extenal partners. It will allow for someone with a great understanding of DMPK, Toxicology and preclinical drug discovery processes to facilitate assessment of synthetic routes design and target delivery at CROs.
What does the role as Chemistry Project Manager involve?
- Liaising with program directors, medicinal chemists and external partners
- Facilitating assessments of synthetic route design and target delivery at CROs
- Ownership of chemistry and company database
- Operational management of screening cascades and compund logistics between networked CROs
- Patent writing and co-ordination of patent activities
What experience is desired?
- A Medicinal or Synthetic Chemistry PhD or equivalent
- Experience in industry with a working technical knowledge of medicinal and synthetic chemistry
- Knowledge of DMPK and Toxicology characterisation of lead molecules
- Experience of route design, troubleshooting and data analysis for a wide range of modalities
- Critical review of proposals and published literature
This role is based in the South East and is offered on a hybrid basis.
If you would like to apply for the Chemistry Project Manager role, apply with your most up to date copy of your CV on word format (no more than 2 pages).