Science Solutions are looking to recruit a chemist for a specialist metallurgy organisation based in the Herefordshire area.
As a Chemist, you will act as the technical lead in the laboratory, mainly involved in numerous analytical techniques as well as process and environmental testing of the metals produced. The Chemist is also responsible for managing validation aspects of the instrumentation and also be capable of developing new methods in order to streamline activities across the business.
To be considered for this role as a Chemist you must possess a degree in Chemistry, Metallurgy, Materials Science or a similar field with a 2:1 as a minimum.
- Co-ordinate the chemical analysis department in providing analysis of samples of materials manufactured on-site.
- Act as the technical lead for numerous analytical techniques such as ICP-OES- Spark OES, XRF, GD-MS and much more.
- Have a hands on involvement in method development.
- Maintaining a high level of safety within the lab at all times.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure safety, quality and overall efficiency.
- You MUST possess a degree in Chemistry, Metallurgy, Materials Science or a similar field with a 2:1 as a minimum.
- 2+ years hands on industry experience in a similar environment.
- You must also have experience working in a similar role with metals/alloys.
- Method development and wet chemistry experience highly desirable.
- Must have previous experience in using analytical techniques such as ICP-OES- Spark OES, XRF, GD-MS and much more.
If you feel like you may have the relevant experience for the role then please either get in touch or apply directly.