An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chemist to join a leading manufacturer within the chemicals and polymers industry, based in Essex. As a Chemist you will join the Polymers R&D team to work within a laboratory and pilot plant, working on R&D and application activities, supporting the development of lab methods, and conduct relevant testing.
To be considered for this Chemist, you will be degree educated in Chemistry (or closely related subject) with some industrial experience spent within the laboratory within a polymer or chemicals manufacturing environment. Someone with academic knowledge or industrial experience of polymer synthesis and characterisation would be highly desirable. This position is open to someone with little to significant experience, looking to further develop their career.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the R&D application areas.
- Prepare and test materials to support development
- Provide technical support to operations and customers
- Analyse results and deliver solutions to any problems met
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- At least 12 months spent within either a laboratory or manufacturing environment within manufacturing or testing, chemical or polymer preferred.
- Academic knowledge or industrial experience of polymer synthesis and characterisation would be highly desirable
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft packages including Excel