We are currently recruiting for a Chemist to join a specialist coatings manufacturer based in East London. As a Chemist you will work within the R&D Team developing new coatings for a wide variety of applications and technologies, as well as working cross-functionally between R&D, QC and production working to ISO 9001 standards. You will be responsible in managing your own time and projects to deliver new coatings and applications, under the supervision of the R&D director.
To be considered for this Chemist position you will be degree educated in Chemistry or closely related subject, with previous industrial experience within formulation from either the coatings, polymers or personal care/cosmetics sector.
- Development of new coatings and technologies.
- Development of new applications and technologies.
- Conduct qc testing of raw materials, in-process testing and end product.
- Conduct colour matching of coatings.
- Ensure compliance and quality is maintained to various standards including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Previous laboratory experience is essential.
- Proven formulation and development of polymers such as coatings, inks or personal care products would be highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of quality standards such as ISO 9001.