We are recruiting for an exciting Battery Specialist position for a global leader for their site in Lancashire. As a Battery Specialist you will be responsible for leading the development of materials used in in electric vehicles and other electronic devices, as well as working closely with customers to provide technical support on polymers and materials used in battery manufacturing. Also as a Battery Specialist, you will play a key role in testing polymers, materials and additives used in battery systems and the conversation of raw materials into battery cells which would include electrode formulation and printing.
To be considered for this Battery Specialist you will be degree educated in Chemistry, Materials Science, Electrochemistry, Polymer Science or closely related subject. You will also have significant experience developing and manufacturing battery cells, in particular lithium-ion batteries experience would be highly desirable.
- Conduct electrode formulation and electrode printing to develop battery cells.
- Conduct testing of polymeric materials and polymer additives used in Lithium-Ion batteries.
- Lead battery innovation projects looking at increasing battery performance.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Commission electrochemical and battery manufacturing equipment.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Materials Science or closely related subject, ideally MSc or PhD.
- Significant experience developing battery cells, ideally lithium-ion batteries.
- Must have electrode formulation experience, ideally with a strong working knowledge of electrode printing and assembly.