This is a great job opportunity for a highly experienced medicinal chemist with proven industrial drug discovery expertise to step into an Associate Director - Medicinal Chemistry position at a pharmaceutical CRO firm based in the East Mids region. The Associate Director - Medicinal Chemistry role plays an important client-facing function in the team, overseeing development projects for clients generally engaged in the pharmaceutical or drug discovery sectors. The successful appointment will build upon a broad synthetic-related skillset moving towards high value project management as well as team management, for excellent career progression potential leading to senior positions.
Your day to day duties as the Associate Director - Medicinal Chemistry will be:
- Liaising between in-house synthetic chemistry teams and the client
- Influencing the execution of synthetic and discovery chemistry projects
- Managing demanding budgets and timescales, with many projects running simultaneously
- Working on collaborative relationships with clients, identifying novel approaches to improve efficiency, costings, etc
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant organic chemistry field
- A track record in synthetic route design and execution in industry
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client is already shortlisting for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.