Perhaps you feel you have reached a glass ceiling in a lab-based DMPK position and have the drive and hunger to establish your own team? Here is an opportunity to do just that! I am looking for a highly experienced DMPK scientist with proven industrial drug discovery expertise to build a full service provision at an ambitiously expanding pharmaceutical CRO firm based in the East Midlands region. You will be visible externally and internally as the "face" of DMPK; playing an important client-facing function as well as recruiting and lab-based team. There is naturally, excellent career progression leading to senior positions.
Your day to day duties as the Associate Director - DMPK will be:
- Representing DMPK as the subject matter expert on client project teams creating relationships with internal colleagues and clients
- Promoting your expertise to (new) clients as part of an integrated drug discovery product
- Recruiting key talent to develop a high-performing team and be involved in the strategic direction of DMPK
- Managing demanding budgets and timescales, with many projects running simultaneously
- Working on collaborative relationships with clients, identifying novel approaches to improve efficiency, costings, etc
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant scientific field
- A track record in DMPK study execution in industry
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client is shortlisting now for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.