I have an opportunity in Cheshire supporting the discovery and development of small molecule drugs within infectious diseases. This is within a multinational business supporting the team with your project leadership and line management expertise, using your scientific knowledge to drive projects for the inception, design, and delivery of pre-clinical studies.
Your responsibilities as Principal Scientist:
- Leading internal and client projects, planning, executing and reporting whilst maintaining a high level of customer service
- Identifying and optimisation of drug candidates, using in sillico, in vitro and in vivo approaches
- Quality control of data, formal reporting and presenting data at conferences and to customers and assisting with business development activities through
Your skills and expertise as a Principal Scientist:
- Proven leadership skills, to guide a closely interacting team
- Proven project management skills to lead complex projects under tight timelines.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, ensuring high standards of data capture and analysis
Your education and expertise:
- D. (higher or equivalent) in a relevant field to anti-infectives
- Working experience in a microbiology laboratory at containment level 2; directly working with bacteria, fungi or viruses (highly desirable)
- Understanding and experience in the infectious disease therapeutic area, understanding the PK/PD relationships of anti-infectives drugs.
- Proven project leaderships skills within a working environment.
Please apply using you CV via the link below or you can email you CV If you have come across this role and your set isn't necessarily applicable but you have experience within the drug discovery industry please feel free to still submit your application.