Here is a career progression opportunity for an experienced analytical chemist who excels in a high-performing team environment to step up into an Analytical Team Leader position at an ambitiously expanding pharmaceutical CRO firm based in the North West region. The Analytical Team Leader role has both project and line management duties, ensuring clients are provided with high quality analytical methods and data to demanding time constraints. The successful appointment will develop their experience of high value project and line management for excellent career progression potential.
Your day to day duties as an Analytical Team Leader will be:
- Project managing the execution and transfer of analytical method development projects (internally and to client site)
- Line management of your own team of analytical chemists
- Using your organic structure instincts (experience) to inform method development
- Managing demanding timescales and budgets, with several projects running simultaneously
- Working on relationships with clients with lab-based troubleshooting where required
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant analytical chemistry field
- A track record in HPLC analytical method development in industry
- Some knowledge of GMP issues pertinent to pharmaceutical manufacture
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client is already interviewing for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up four years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.