This is a graduate-level opportunity to work in a well-equipped laboratory on diverse high-level analytical chemistry projects for global clients. Based in the South East, the Analytical Technician role is ideal for a strong graduate chemist with a background in sensitive analytical methodology such as LC-MS and GC-MS.
Your day to day duties as an Analytical Technician will be:
- Prioritising and managing projects involving the generation of chemical data against various regulatory, timeline and budgetary constraints
- Liaison with R&D and regulatory staff to ensure regulatory compliance of your lab work
- Development and training in related areas
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or higher, in a related scientific field
- Some knowledge of analytical chemistry
- The ability to appreciate the commercial factors of a product-driven role
- Prior experience in a relevant GMP- or GLP-compliant sector is highly relevant
I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity. Interviews will follow in the coming 2-3 weeks.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
Why should your scientific specialist recruiter be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up four years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.