We are currently recruiting for an Analytical Chemist to join a specialist coatings manufacturer based in East London. As an Analytical Chemist you will be providing coatings analysis services to both R&D and customers through a range of specialist chemical and physical testing, interpreting test results and producing reports. You will responsible for managing your own workload whilst working closely with the analytical team leader, as well as liaising with providers of external testing services when required.
To be considered for this Analytical Chemist you will be degree educated in Chemistry along with previous analytical testing experience including the operation of GC-MS, FT-IR and Microscopy. A driving licences is required, and ideally you will have working knowledge from the coatings or polymer formulation sector.
- Perform analysis of finished products through selection and conducting the appropriate tests.
- Interpret results and product reports from results.
- Investigate and resolves customer complaints.
- Working cross-functionally working closely both internally with R&D and externally with customers and testing services providers.
- Assist in equipment calibration, stock management and general laboratory admin.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Previous analytical testing experience including the likes of GC-MS, FT-IR and Microscopy.
- Knowledge of coatings, paints or polymers would be highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of quality standards such as ISO 9001.
- Must have a driving licence and be able to travel to customer sites.