Currently recruiting for an Account Manager for a global speciality polymer manufacturer, to cover all Greater London and Home Counties (Surrey, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks, Bedfordshire, Herts, Essex, Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex and Hampshire.) As an Account Manager you will be responsible for delivering sales revenue and being accountable for delivering overall budget for their regions with the primary focus on prospecting and converting new business. This position comes with a highly competitive salary, along with a company car and commission.
To be considered for this Account Manager position you will be degree educated in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or closely related subject, with significant commercial experience from within the polymers, coatings or chemicals sector. Someone with previous technical knowledge within the polymers or polymer additives would be highly desirable. We would also be happy to look at those who don't possess any previous account manager experience from this technical background if you are interested in moving into a commercial role.
- Implement and develop account strategies across the Home Counties and Greater London.
- Grow existing business and exceed regional budget in line with annual expectations.
- Successfully build customer relationships and identify potential new business.
- Establish networks within the region.
- Drive new business development projects from inception through to close.
- Participate in strategy development, assisting in defining the target markets and commercial strategy.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Chemistry, Chemicals Engineer or closely related subject.
- Significant commercial experience from within the polymers, additives, coatings or chemicals sector.
- Technical experience within the polymers, polymer additives or coatings industry would be highly desirable.
- Someone without commercial experience, coming from a technical background looking to move into a commercial role would also be considered.